Summer is almost over so get these babies on the grill while there’s still time.
(Recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks
- In a large non-reactive dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
For the side dish…
CURRIED APPLE QUINOA SALAD
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart (sure she’s a convicted felon…by man this is tasty!)
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 spring onions, greens only (reserve the whites) thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- handful fresh mint, finely chopped
Curry Lemon Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- white parts of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa, return to a boil. Stir with a fork, reduce to a simmer and cook for 12 – 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, curry powder, finely chopped spring onions, lemon and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked quinoa with apples, toasted almonds, spring onions, mint and currants.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Flavors become more enhanced overnight in the refrigerator.